Friday, August 04, 2006

Nøkken, Draugen & Hulder, Oh My!


After what is becoming my afternoon routine of a nap, Elin & I took a walk by the fjord and watched the moon rise in all its pink-tinted glory. We sat on a rock by the shore and admired the mirrored quality of the water while she told me of all the monsters of Norse mythology, some who live in the fjord, others come out in the fog after moonrise and still others live in the waterfalls. As the sky grew darker, she suggested that we make our way back to her house just in case the local monsters had heard us talking and were planning on welcoming me to Norway. Happily, they continued sleeping and we made it home just fine. We head to the mountains tomorrow so perhaps we'll see some there!

rg

1 comment:

young Cardozo said...

Chogurt will protect you with her powerful nousrays!