Friday, August 04, 2006

Gro Persson

Before I left Austin, Elin wrote & told me that we were going to meet with Gro Persson, I laughingly told Keith that it seemed that fate was bringing me to exactly the right person to promote the GroHome. As we chatted last night with Elin's friends they asked me what my plans were for today and I said, 'We are meeting with Grow Person' and everyone began laughing. Naturally I was curious as to why so they told me that the correct pronounciation was Grew Peerson (like Drew Pearson). I laughed along with them and said, I prefer my fantasy that she was an original force of nature inspiring people to grow, lol. I shared that with her as we met today and she also laughed & said she liked that concept too. Gro is an architect who has been tapped to create a Knowledge Center on a historic city block in Sandnes, which is about 20 minutes from Stavanger by auto. Elin made the connection between us since they are creating a planetarium in the project that is similar in scope to what the Friends of the Austin Planetarium are developing in Texas Austin Planetarium.

We spent a few hours with Gro talking about the Knowledge Center and the iCREATE project & the ways that we could work together going forward. She asked how long I would be in Norway to see if I could stay till the end of August & attend some meetings with her with potential supporters...Keith will be very happy to know that I firmly declared that I'll be heading home on the 12th, LOL.

One of the many interesting stations in Abel's Attic--which is the pilot version of the Knowledge Center--is a camera that measures your body's hot spots. The hottest areas show white on the screen and as I was standing in front of the camera Gro asked me if I was a healer. I asked why and she told me to look at the screen where I saw that the palms of my hands were pure white. I told her that, yes, I practiced Reiki and that led to an interesting discussion about Austin & the many kinds of healers who are drawn there. She was very interested and I have no doubt that we'll be seeing her in Austin one of these days!

rg

No comments: